It may not feel like spring out there but this recipe will remind you that summer is close! An easy muffin recipe with strawberries folded in and topped with cinnamon and sugar before baking. Delicious, and easy.
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries
- 3 tsps sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Next, alternately add the flour mixture and milk to butter mixture in the large bowl.
- Add vanilla, then gently fold in the strawberries
- Spoon batter into muffin pans (this makes a dozen muffins).
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins. You will have a lot of sugar, but this allows you to be as generous as you like.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes.
The batter will seem really thick - no worries though, it's supposed to be!