This is one of my favorite hot dips all year round! I tweaked an old recipe that called for Epicure seasonings, knowing that not everyone uses them. I wanted to have a recipe that had seasonings I’d always have on hand, and this is what I came up with. It’s delicious and a definite crowd pleaser, IF you’re willing to share!
Baked Mushroom Dip
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp margarine
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Garlic Plus Seasoning (Club House, Canada) or Garlic & Herb Seasoning (McCormick, US)
- 1 cup Kraft Habanero Shredded Cheese
- Green onion for garnish
- Combine mushrooms, margarine and onions in a frying pan and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated (about 10 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning and cheese.
- Add mushroom mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Place dip in a baking dish (about 9" but depends on depth)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or alternatively you can place in a slow cooker and cook on low for an hour before your guests arrive.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or in a bread bowl
Oooh, this looks heavenly! Will try for sure.
This looks really good! It would be a great alternative to the traditional dips we normally eat.
I’ve added this page to my StumbleUpon. 🙂
Love mushroom dip! Pinned – thanks!
I love the Epicure one!! Everyone will have to tweak it now that Cheese & Jalapeno isn’t available 🙁
Really? I didn’t know they discontinued it, LOL, that’s rather timely for this post then! The spicy cheese will give you what you miss in the cheese & jalapeno now!
I still remember the Christmas you brought this out to the sleigh ride. I have loved it ever since, but don’t make it enough. Thanks.
LOL I still remember how much you liked it too! You’re welcome! Miss you! xx
This looks delicious! Can’t wait totry it!
Nice recipe. Healthy & tasty!!
Mmmm!! That looks amazing 😀
I would like to dip into this one. looks Yummy!
This is going on my “To Make Soon” list 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
My husband makes something very similar but as we refuse to eat margarine (too many artificial ingredients) he uses butter
Mushrooms are so good for us…this dip looks good!
This looks really good
looks good sounds good bet it tastes good. here’s my hot grey cup dip oh i have a hot dip my sister gave ,e we call it Grey Cup dip. 1 pd of cooked ground beef, I jar of salsa, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, I jar tomato sauce, 1 jalepeno pepper, med onion, couple garlic cloves, I container of sour cream mix all together serve hot in slow cooker, recipe says half jar salsa and sour cream but I use it all because I usually have more then a pd of ground beef added its so good I posted it on comment in fb too.
Sounds yummy. Can’t wait to try it!
This looks amazing, TY
I’ve printed and I’m going to make this for Christmas Eve! Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!