Technically these are anytime tarts, and delicious in the summer as well, but to be timely, here’s a recipe that was originally posted on the blog in 2014!
These tarts are super-easy to make – you can use a pack of 12 regular size tart shells or 18 mini shells.
Of course, these little guys are dressed up for Easter with a chocolate mini egg on top, but for summer recipes you can add a watermelon sour candy, jellybean, or other fun topping.
Raspberry Cream Mini Tarts
- 4oz cream cheese (half a block)
- ½ cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4oz whipping cream (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 pkg (18) mini tart shells
- Bake mini tart shells according to package instructions and set aside to cool (tip: before baking, poke each shell 2-3 times with a fork to keep them from “puffing up” when you bake them!)
- Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat on low speed until smooth
- In a deep cold bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form (if you’re like me and wondered what the heck that meant, just whip it until it starts to stick to your mixer). Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Mash the raspberries then add to the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into your cooled tart shells
- Chill before serving. If adding the mini-chocolate eggs on top, chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes before adding the eggs on top.