Chocolate cookies are King. Nothing beats a soft and delicious freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. But, if you’re looking for something a little different, this combination of the usual oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with sweet tangy cranberries added can take it to a whole new level. Nom.
- 1 cup butter, softened (I used margarine)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time and then add in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt then stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the quick oats and finally the cranberries!
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 mins or so before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
You can cut down your cranberries to ½ cup and then add ½ cup chocolate chips for an even distribution. I just like a cranberry oatmeal cookie with a hint of chocolate, done this way in the recipe.