I’m on a bit of a health kick this spring. No dieting for this girl (because I love booze and potato chips way too much and they make life worth living) but I’m finding ways to be more active and eat a little bit more healthy day to day. I’ve become obsessed with roasting cauliflower and because I overdo anything I’m obsessed with, I have a confession to make.
I will eat the entire head of roasted cauliflower.
It’s terrible I know, and my husband looks at me wide eyed when I do it and tells me I’ll hate myself after with the tummy ache but you know what?
It’s worth it.
I don’t suggest you do the same, because I’m a terrible bad influence, but if you want to make it as an appetizer, side-dish or snack to share, here’s the recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Set the bowl aside for the next step.
- Remove from oven and toss the cauliflower with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to the oven and roast another 5-10 minutes (I usually roast the full 10 minutes because I like the cheese a little burned!)