I love when a restaurant copycat recipe makes it’s way onto my table! We eat a lot of chicken. A lot. And when we go out? I will likely order chicken! Monterey Chicken is a popular menu item at Chili’s restaurants though I went in search of a recipe after trying a version at Tony Roma’s. Either way, it’s a keeper!
- 3 chicken breasts, halved (6 pieces total)
- ¼ cup or so of your favorite BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup bacon bits (I use 6 slices of microwave bacon chopped up)
- ½ cup fresh diced tomatoes (you can use canned but fresh is so much better!)
- ½ can chopped green chilies (127ml can) You can use more if you like it hot!
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, or cheddar
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grill or pan fry chicken breasts until cooked through (grilling is so much better, yum!)
- Arrange cooked chicken breasts on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Top with ingredients in this order: BBQ sauce, bacon bits, diced tomatoes, chilies, shredded cheese and green onion
- Bake in oven for 5m until cheese is all melty and bubbly
- Serve with rice and await the praise from your family
omg. I swear every recipe that I save, or pin has chicken, or cheese, or chicken & cheese, or potatoes & cheese. Needless to say, I’m saving this one.
I like the way you think! 😉
This just popped up on my Facebook timeline and made me incredibly hungry. Definitely saving, thanks!
Thanks, and you forgot bacon…lol
This looks delicious
It looks like a pizza!! YUM!
Love your recipes 🙂 Yum!
We eat A LOT of chicken too. And anything with bacon and cheese is a keeper in this house. Thanks for sharing once again.
ooks delicious…im hungry
This recipe looks really good…most of the ingredients I already have.
hmmm – potentially tomorrow nights dinner
Well yum. This looks so delicious.
I’m not normally a fan of chicken, but I would absolutely eat this.
this looks so good I will have to try it
Added some kidney beans. Absolutely delicious.
This is a keeper! I made this without the tomatoes and green chilies for my daughter but with for my husband and myself. It was very good!
Thanks! It’s one of my favorites!
This just came out of the oven. I’m thinking I will serve it with avacado. Yum!
This is delish! Even better when you cook the chicken in the same pan as the bacon! (Drain the grease and scrape some- not all- of the bacon bits out)