This is one of my favorite meals to make! Super easy, full of flavor, and leftovers taste great too. You can make the sauce ahead of time earlier in the day and get dinner ready even faster.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into small bite sized pieces (or 2 if you love them like I do)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- Heat oil in a pan and add diced chicken
- In a bowl, whisk water, ketchup soy sauce and pepper. Gradually whisk in flour. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan, stir in the liquid mixture and bring to a boil. Add chicken and onion.
- Reduce to a simmer, cook 20 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.