When planning holiday party fare this season, I’m all about easy. But only if it’s impressive. I can purchase some frozen appetizers and arrange them on a plate but there’s certainly no wow factor there, however tasty they may be.
We always have Sabra Hummus in the fridge (admittedly as a Sabra Tastemakers ambassador I have a lot of product available, yum!) so whenever we have guests, I’ll have Sabra Hummus, Salsa or Guacamole for dipping potato chips or veggies in. I’m always amused at the surprise of my guests, “Oh, hummus! That’s different…” You see, in Saskatchewan we’re kind of a chips and dip community, so having hummus on the table is a new thing for many. But a very good new thing.
Tasked with making appetizers for some guests this week, I referred to the Sabra website for inspiration and found this recipe for Cucumber Cups. It looked easy enough and I whipped them up in no time, with a few changes.
- 1 long english cucumber, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 3 TBSP Sabra Hummus, any variety
- 1 carrot, shredded
- sprinkle of paprika or chili powder
- Slice and arrange cucumber slices on a plate
- Using a sandwich bag, place 3TBSP inside and seal. Cut a hole in the corner and use it to squeeze the hummus onto your cucumbers
- Top with shredded carrots
- Sprinkle with paprika or chili powder