These past few weeks of summer, I feel like I’ve barely stopped long enough to catch my breath! How is it that vacation leaves parents winded, exhausted, and in need of more sleep? Now that we’re back home in between holiday fun for a few weeks, I’m looking forward to taking it easy and enjoying our summer days – and summer nights.
What are your easy-summer-night meals? I’m not opposed to a cereal for dinner kind of night when my husband is working and it’s just me and the kids! I love easy go-to meals that keep the house cool and our bellies full especially on those summer nights after a busy day at the park, pool, or having friends over in the yard.
Here’s an easy summer night recipe for Butterball Turkey Bacon BLT’s and Creamy Cucumber Dill salad!
- 1 package Butterball Turkey Bacon
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 head iceburg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 long english cucumbers
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped dill
- 2 TBSP vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Cook the Butterball Turkey Bacon on medium heat until desired crispness is achieved.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare the cucumber salad by slicing the cucumbers, then adding them to a bowl with the sour cream, dill and vinegar. Mix well.
- Prepare the BLT sandwiches and serve. Voila!
You can, of course, cut back on the amount of sour cream used (I use fat-free) or use plain greek yogurt. I love creamy dill cucumber salad, and the extra “sauce” makes an excellent dip for your sandwich! Enjoy.
This post is sponsored by Butterball Canada. In exchange this review, I have received special perks in the form of products and monetary compensation. All opinions on this blog are my own.