As always, you won’t find a long, detailed, story ahead of a recipe post on my site (it drives me crazy when you need to scroll forever to find the recipe….whyyyyyy?) So, here it is! Delicious, make-at-home perogy pizza at a fraction of the cost of the restaurant version! Enjoy!
- 1 pizza crust store bought or home made
- 4 russet baking potatoes (peeled, and sliced thin)
- 2 tsp garlic powder divided
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped into bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup green onion diced
- Preheat oven to 425 C.
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions, or make your own
- Place the sliced potatoes, 1 tsp garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt and pepper in a skillet with about 2cups water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Cook covered on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender. Remove lid and simmer until most of the water is gone (alternatively you can drain remaining water if your potatoes are tender enough).
- Add oil to the skillet and pan-fry the potatoes until lightly golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 tsp garlic powder with ½ cup sour cream, and use this as your pizza sauce base.
- Layer the potatoes on the pizza crust to cover it entirely; it’s OK if they overlap.
- Next, top the potatoes with bacon, then the shredded cheese.
- Place pizza in the oven and cook according to your pizza dough instructions.
- Remove from oven and top with the fresh green onion and sour cream as garnish or as a side for dipping.
I think I will try this one night since it looks like a meal my picky toddlers would enjoy.
Oh, my son would love this! It is two of his favorite foods.
oh man….we love perogy pizza!! thanks for the recipe!!