Beyond being fun to say, chunky guacamole is delicious and so much better than a store-bought guacamole in a plastic container with a lid. While those will do in a pinch, a homemade guacamole is so much better and surprisingly easy to make.
True, avocados are the diva of produce and you have to get them at the right time but once you do – you’re going to make the most delicious guacamole using this recipe! My neighbour made a version of this a few times this summer and when I asked for the recipe I got a basic idea of ingredients and no measurements. Then, after bring it to a friend’s house, she asked me for the recipe and got the same response! So, to help us all I thought I’d measure as best I could and share the basics here. Of course, you can always eliminate an ingredient you’re not fond of or add more of those you are – no specific measuring is ultimately necessary.
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced yellow pepper
- ¼ cup diced orange pepper
- ¼ cup - ½ cup cilantro
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese to top
- Peel and remove pit from the avocados and then mash in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well, top with shredded cheese and chill for 1-2 hours.