Typically it’s me finding a new recipe idea, deciding that’s what we’re having, and off I go. My husband is really awesome at helping me take photos of the recipe, and we have a great recipe-flow. So, when he announced he “wanted to try something” while digging through the fridge this weekend, I happily took the note to step aside!
Avocado Egg Cups take the smashed avocado toast trend and up the ante. Make these delicious cups and scoop out the deliciousness as is, or scoop it all onto toast in a triumphant avocado masterpiece!
Start by slicing open 3-4 large avocados. Remove the pit, and scoop out a bit of the inside (you’ll need some room for the egg!). Set aside the scooped avacodo for later. Set them on a foil lined baking sheet and preheat your oven to 425F!
Crack open a yummy, wholesome and delicious egg inside each one.
Look how fancy! Once all cups are full, pop in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
Top with your favorite egg-combos like bacon and cilantro in this case. You can also add ham, mushrooms, and siracha too!
Dig in and eat as-is, or add to toast for smashed avocado eggie toast! Full recipe below, enjoy!
- 3 avocados
- 6 eggs
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced into pieces or crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil (alternatively you could spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, I just like easy clean up)
- Cut avocados in half. Scoop about an additional 1-2 tablespoons of the avocado to create room for the eggs.
- Place avocados flesh side up on prepared baking sheet.
- Gently crack one egg in each avocado well, making sure to keep the yoke intact.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until eggs are desired temperature. Remove.
- Top with crumbled bacon, chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.