It’s the dreary winter days where I’m interested less in trying new recipes and more in relying on my favorite comfort foods to get me through. Maybe it’s the darkness at 5pm here in Saskatchewan, or maybe it’s the lack of barbecue meals when 30 below is too cold to stand outside grilling (I have an amazing husband who will, though!)
I saw one of those fabulous recipe videos on my Facebook feed last week and checked out the recipe to try, then tweaked it a bit. We have a winner winner, chicken pack dinner!
I entered it in to My Fitness Pal and it came out at about 450 calories per chicken breast, so if you’re watching your waistline it’s best to pair this with a side salad. If you’re throwing caution to the wind, this is amazing with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 1 box chicken flavored stuffing
- 1¼ cups water
- Cooking spray
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Kraft Tex Mex shredded cheese
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- Ranch dressing (I didn't measure, just used as needed)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine stuffing mixture and water in a bowl using directions on the box, set aside
- Spray 4-5 sheets of aluminum foil with cooking spray and evenly divide stuffing on each sheet
- Layering time! This is the order we used: stuffing, chicken breast, salt and pepper, cheese, cauliflower, more cheese, dressing and bacon.
- Fold the foil up into a packet. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. If, after 40 minutes you prefer your chicken/cheese to have a little bit of brown on them like I do, just open the packs and broil for a few minutes (flatten the foil as a barrier on the cooking sheet)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes!