We get a little funny about our razors. Something so small, and seemingly insignificant in our day to day lives can actually have a big impact if we choose the wrong one. We typically have a favorite, are willing to try something new, but get a little weird when we have to make do. Take, for example, a man and his razor. As much as our guys say they “don’t really care” about a skin routine, run out of razors or – gasp – suggest they use yours in a pinch and they look at you like you suggested they carry an eyeliner in place of a pen.
So, when given the opportunity to try the new Schick Hydro 5 with redesigned features I approached my husband wondering if I was going to get the wide-eyed stare in return. Fortunately, he was already a Schick Hydro fan so he was up for trying the new and improved version.
Yes, I even allow him to have some space on our bathroom counter!
NEW PRODUCT UPDATES:
Upgraded Hydrating Gel Reservoir*
The Schick Hydro 5 blade cartridge now hydrates skin better than before, with a wider gel dispenser. Using proprietary ingredients to pack advanced lubrication – with aloe vera and vitamin E – into a Hydrating Gel Reservoir that sets it apart from the lubricating strips found on most razors today. Our new gel reservoir features:
- 40 per cent less friction vs. traditional lube strips
- 80 per cent greater lubricant
- Hydrates skin for up to one hour after your shave
Added a Larger Guard Bar
The guard bar at the base of the cartridge has been redesigned – helping to better stretch the skin to provide a smoother shave.
Reduced Blade Span
The five Ultra Glide® Blades have been moved closer together, minimizing skin bulge between each blade to help protect from nicks and cuts.
Bold New Color
The Schick Hydro 5 brings back the same ergonomic handle with a comfortable grip and balanced feel – now with a sleeker, bolder look.
The Schick Hydro 5 still features the flip trimmer, which offers a unique design for those hard-to-reach places – just flip the top back to let all five blades touch the skin compared to a single edging blade on most razors.
My man had a 5-day scruff going on when he tried the Schick Hydro 5 the other morning, and was impressed that it tackled the growth the way it did. He was left with kissably smooth skin, no nicks, and he looked pretty damn fine too!
We have another amazing REVIEW opportunity! This is a fun one – 25 OF OUR READERS are going to get the chance to review the Schick Hydro 5 Razor! AND, when you leave a review on the Schick Hydro Canada Facebook Page (review tab), you’ll then be entered to win a $100 Prepaid Gift Card!
Here are the steps:
- Enter your name and email address in the form below then click “BEGIN” to enter. We’re asking you to comment on this post sharing who you’d like to review this razor with in your household. Check out the bonus entries too!
- LIKE the Schick Hydro Canada Facebook page so that you’re all set up to submit your review.
- Wait for a winning email! This opportunity is only accepting names for 48 hours. If you’re selected, reply to the notification and await your Schick Hydro 5 for review.
- Submit your review on the Schick Hydro Canada Facebook Page (review tab) and email me the link to your review by April 7.
- That’s it! Check back here for the name of the $100 Gift Card winner in April.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but as always all opinions and insight remain my own! With your consent, Paradigm PR will use your contact information including mailing address and phone number to mail you a sample product.