Dreary days call for slow-cooker comfort food. This week, I wanted something different from the usual (albeit delicious) slow cooker pot roast I usually make (if you haven’t tried this slow cooker Pepsi pot roast yet, you must!)
After seeing variations of recipes online for a pot roast incorporating peperoncinis (or pepperoncinis, because the proper way of spelling it is weird) I *had* to try it. I love pepperoncinis on my sandwiches so I couldn’t wait to see how it would kick up a pot roast. I pulled out what I didn’t like from the recipes I found online (also referred to as Mississippi Pot Roast), and added more of what I did. The result is unreal. UNREAL.
The butter and gravy mix, combined with the ranch dressing and pepperoncini flavor meld together to create a creamy, flavor packed meal. Serving it shredded atop of warm baked potato is an absolute must to get the full experience.
This is one of those meals where you literally place everything into the slow cooker, turn it on, and walk away. The best plan with a slow cooker is to cook on low for 8 hours. If, like me, you’re crunched for time, note that I cooked this on high for 4 hours and the meat was still tender and shredded easily.
My only issue? The roast that’s usually large enough for our family suddenly, according to my husband, wasn’t big enough and next time we need a much larger roast (which means that cooking time should definitely be low and slow). We will definitely be making this recipe again and again!
- 1 Beef Roast - use your favorite cut (I like sirloin tip for our family of 5)
- 1 package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 package of Brown Gravy Mix
- ½ cup butter, sliced up
- 8-10 pepperoncinis (look for them in the aisle with the pickles)
- ¼ cup pepperoncini juice
- ¾ cup water
- This is one of those beautiful recipes where you add everything to the slow cooker, turn it on, and walk away. That's it! 7-8 hours on low. Pop some baked potatoes in the oven, and when ready to serve, simply shred the beef in the pot. Slice open baked potatoes and top with this heavenly mixture!