I have had this recipe, on page one of my recipe book that I keep in my kitchen drawer, for 7 years now! My mom found it in a newspaper, cut it out, and made it for a big family event and it’s been a keeper ever since! The best part about this recipe, aside from how amazing it tastes, is that the ingredients are all items you normally have in your pantry anyway!
Onto the taste! I used to love going out for beef on a bun nights at the local bar in my hometown. This is classic beef on a bun goodness! Use your favorite BBQ and serve on fresh kaiser buns. Top with sliced red onion, coleslaw, mustard, horseradish – it’s up to you! The recipe is delicious and you can tweek it to make it your own with toppings. Leftovers are amazing as well and can be frozen for another day (that is, if you even have leftovers!)
- 1 beef roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour over roast.
- Close lid, cook on low for 8+ hours (or overnight!) or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time, remove lid and shred the beef. It should fall apart easily.
- Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with kaiser buns, mustard, horseradish, red onions or other favorite beef on a bun toppings!