Hosting the perfect backyard party is easy when you have the right ingredients. Sun, a small breeze, and great friends are the most important ingredients but beyond that, of course, it’s all about the food!
I was recently selected to become an official Kraft Foods Delicious Byte blogger and as such, receive exclusive new product news, samples, giveaways and more. How could I say no?!
This month, Delicious Byte bloggers received everything we needed to host the perfect Kraft Backyard Party! Some parties come with a week of planning and invites and others, like our casual afternoon get together this weekend, happened at the spur of the moment. We invited our good friends over, and it was easy to prepare a few quick menu items with what I already had in my pantry.
Among my pantry items were the products I received from Kraft:
· KOOL-AID New Unsweetened Peach Mango and Unsweetened Strawberry Kiwi Drink Mixes: Beat that summer heat and keep the kids happy and cool with great summer refreshment for entertaining the whole gang. New Unsweetened Peach Mango and Unsweetened Strawberry Kiwi flavors from KOOL-AID Drink Mixes are a good source of Vitamin C per serving and, most importantly to your little ones, pack the flavorful fun they expect from your best outdoor shindigs! (Peach Mango and Strawberry Kiwi flavors are also available in KOOL-AID Sugar Sweetened Drink Mix and Ready-to-Drink Jammers).
· New COUNTRY TIME Half & Half Lemonade Drink Mix: Who could enjoy the summer’s heat without a taste of COUNTRY TIME refreshment? This season try a delicious new spin on the lemonade classic. Pour out a glass and enjoy each sip of this amazing combination of Half Lemonade and Half Iced Tea, Lemonade Iced Tea Flavored Drink Mix.
· VELVEETA Slices Queso Blanco: Top a burger or your favorite sandwich with the brand new Queso Blanco flavor cheese from VELVEETA Slices for a delicious spin on a barbecue must-have. Heat it up grill-side and enjoy Queso Blanco’s creamy, mild and super melty effect! Look for the new packaging and new pricing now available.
· KRAFT SIZZLING SALAD Southwest Chicken Dinner Kit: Talk about jazzing up a main dish! KRAFT SIZZLING SALAD are cooking sauces and salad dressings, perfectly paired to create a delicious chicken and salad dish your family and friends are sure to love!! Four easy steps, 20 minutes and you’ve answered that “what’s for dinner” question with a bang! Try the Southwest Chicken Dinner Kit with Zesty Fajita cooking sauce for sautéed chicken paired with Barbecue Ranch dressing for salad.
· HONEY MAID Lil’ Squares Honey Grahams: These bite-sized versions of the graham crackers you love are great as a wholesome snack or for wrapping up your party with a creative, s’more-style dessert. Made with 8g of whole grain per serving, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup – you’ll feel good about letting this snack help fuel your kids’ days!
I also received some fabulous backyard party serving items that made prepartion even easier, take a look!
The Chill Salad Bowl with Salad Servers is so cool (excuse the pun) because there’s actually room in the base of the bowl for a removable ice pack, so that your salads are always kept crisp and fresh at the party (I love this, why didn’t I have one before now?!) The Rubbermaid Carafe I was sent (seen in the photo at the top too with delicious Peach Mango Kool Aid inside!) is perfect for backyard fun because it’s easy to pour (ice or no ice?) and it also happens to look fabulous. The Colorwheel Serving Tray I was sent is a fun way to display anything that gets gobbled up quickly – because the design is left in the end.
Need the perfect burger recipe for your backyard party? I’ve got that for you too, courtesy of Kraft!
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT SANDWICH SHOP Chipotle Flavored Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- 1 plum tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onions
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 VELVEETA Slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Shape meat into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 7 to 9 min. on each side or until done (160ºF). Top with VELVEETA; grill 1 min. or until melted.
- Fill buns with cheeseburgers and mayonnaise mixture.
Feel like you’re ready to host the ultimate backyard party now that I’ve given you some great food, serving and recipe ideas?! Fantastic! But wait, before you do, it might be even better to win everything you’d need, don’t you think? 😉
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Kraft Foods is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me and has provided me with a gift of equal value for review. This program is not administered or sponsored by Kraft Foods or its affiliates, but solely by Feisty Frugal & Fabulous.