This is an unbelievably easy recipe that’s perfect for weekend barbecues or a weeknight side dish!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 bundle fresh young asparagus stalks
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground sea salt & pepper, to taste
- (yes, that's all!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse asparagus and trim bottom ½” from stalks
- Separate asparagus spears into bundles of two to three
- Starting from bottom, wrap a piece of bacon tightly around spears - you'll end about halfway - then add another slice and continue wrapping, leaving tip of spears visible.
- Repeat with remaining bundles
- Place on a baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil over bundles and sprinkle with pepper to taste
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes, then turn on broiler and broil for 5 minutes, or until bacon is as crisp as you like.
- ** Can also be prepared on the BBQ!