No doubt about it, the holiday season is already in full swing and if you haven’t yet attended your first holiday party, you probably have your outfit already chosen for it. Whether you’re an invited guest or hosting friends and family this holiday season, Sabra Hummus is an easy way to wow your friends with surprisingly little effort. Here’s are 5 ways to do it:
– This is a super easy appetizer to make because it takes minimal effort and products. Simply slice a few long English cucumbrs and use your favorite Sabra Hummus as a topping (tip: use a sandwich bag and scoop in the hummus, cut the corner and squeeze to top the cucumbers). Add whatever garnish you like (carrots and paprika were used in the photo above) and watch them disappear from the serving platter.
– Instead of an oven-baked dip, this Warm Hummus Dip with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms presents beautifully. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
3. Hummus and Veggies
– Yes, this is the basic way to utilize hummus but it’s a great option! Hummus is made with chickpeas which are super healthy because they don’t contain any cholesterol or saturated fats. Chickpeas are also rich in protein making Hummus a nutrition packed and delicious option for your holiday table.
4. Christmas Tree Appetizer
– I spotted these online with guacamole and thought, why not hummus? Simply slice a pita into triangles and decorate! I used Sabra Hummus with red and green peppers and a pretzel stick to finish the tree.
5. Chocolate Hummus Truffles (yes, really!)
– When I visited the Sabra offices in Virginia last year, one of the chefs created a hummus truffle that was surprisingly delicious. Surprising because, who knew hummus could be used in dessert as well? So, finding the recipe online meant that I had to meet this challenge head-on and try it. It’s actually pretty easy, and I love telling people that yes, there’s hummus inside! Even more fun, seeing their surprise when they taste it!
I shared some of these ideas with Global Regina Morning News viewers this week, check out the video segment here: