The Summer Dilemma for Men – To Shave or Not to Shave?
There is no question according to new Canadian Summer Survey by BIC® Flex 4™
It’s the age-old question… is a man’s scruff or unshaven appearance more acceptable in the summer? Despite the romantic notion that summers in Canada are footloose and carefree, a new survey commissioned by BIC® Flex 4™ disposable razors has uncovered a seasonal secret: men’s grooming habits actually strengthen in the summer months.
A surprising 93 percent of men shave either the same or more often in the summer – and for good reason. Whether at work or at play, the BIC® survey shows the majority of Canadians want a smooth-faced, well-groomed guy. Canadians believe that keeping up appearances at work is key with an overwhelming 88 percent of those surveyed saying it is important to keep facial hair well-groomed at work. And at play? When it comes to kissing their man, almost two-thirds of women (62 percent) prefer their guy to have a soft, smooth shave. Well-groomed facial hair comes in a distant second at 27 percent of respondents.
The Shaving Season
“BIC is ready to help guys put their best face forward,” says Pasqua Chimienti, Brand Manager, Shavers, BIC Inc. “We often think of fall as the time to focus on grooming, but our survey shows that summer is equally as important – maybe it’s because the hockey playoff beards are finally gone! The good news is that technological advances – from pivoting heads to lubricating strips – make it easy and affordable to get a great shave every time.”
In addition to great razors, BIC also offers a few shaving tips to help guys keep it smooth this summer and beyond:
1. Shave in the morning. Your skin is at its best after a night’s rest.
2. Wash your face first. Clean skin will help prevent infection.
3. Use hot water. Humidity and warmth increase skin elasticity and soften the toughness of hair.
4. Apply shaving cream or gel in a circular motion. This softens and lifts your hair and smoothes the skin for a closer shave with less irritation
5. Use both hands. One to hold the razor; the other to pull and stretch your skin. BIC® Flex 4™ razors help in this area thanks rubber guard bar that gently stretches the skin for a more precise shave.
6. Remember hair grows in different directions on your face. First go with the grain, then go against the grain.
7. Keep control. Use short strokes. Don’t press too hard. The four spring-mounted blades and pivoting head of the BIC® Flex 4™ help to distribute pressure and easily follow the sensitive contours of the face.
8. Don’t forget to rinse. When you’re finished, rinse your razor under hot running water – it’s the most hygienic and effective way to clean it.
9. Splash your face with cold water. It will close up your pores.
The BIC shaving survey also uncovered some interesting differences in various regions of the country:
· Cowboys are smooth characters! An astonishing 95 percent of respondents in Alberta said that being well-groomed at work is important – ahead of the national average of 88 percent.
· When it comes to wanting a smooth-faced guy for kissing, Albertans lead the way here too. Seventy-nine percent of western women say “yes” to smooth, well above the national average of 62 percent.
· Ooh-la-la! French speaking Canadians are anti-scruff with 71 percent of these respondents wanting that smooth feeling when up close and personal.
BIC offers men a variety of options to help them make the most of every shave. The BIC® Flex 4™ disposable shaver features four independent, spring-mounted blades for an ultra-soft shave with a lubricating strip with aloe and vitamin E for a smooth glide. BIC® Flex 4™ is sold in three packs at most major drug stores and department stores across Canada ($6.69 – $8.99).
I definitely support my husband shaving more at all times of the year! Thankfully he has to for his job, but on summer holidays he definitely lets the scruff loose and my face pays for it when I come in for a kiss – ow!! Thankfully, my friends at BIC sent me a huge package worth $100 filled with BIC razors and a toiletry bag so now my husband really has no excuse NOT to shave (not if he wants my kisses, anyway!) 😉
Both are good sometimes.
Definately no scruff!!
I like my husband with NO SCRUFF!
whatever works for him!
I love how the hubby looks with some scruff but smooth definitely feels better
My Husband always ends up with scruff so i have to say scruff.
silverneon2000 at yahoo dot com
My vote is for no scruff!
I kind of like a bit of scruff on my husband.
definitely some scruff
love scruff – there isn’t a man on this planet who isn’t improved by some scruff
rafflecopter name: Lisa K
I like a little bit of scruff.
No scruff!!!! lol
actually, I like a wee bit of scruff – just enough to be sexy. hubby has a goatee, & I’m ok with that as long as he keeps it looking good
no scruff…it’s itchy and scratchy
I love me a little scruff… well at least on my husband lol 😀
no scruff – too itchy.
ick – no scruff!
no no no scruff ;0
I like my husband with no scruff!
ksceviour at hotmail dot com
I say NO, NO, NO, to scruff. I absolutely hate it and my husband goes through these lazy period when he doesn’t shave and I truly hate it. His face is too rough to even attempt a simple kiss as I am leaving in the morning, not to mention I don’t think he looks good without shaving. (I know sounds bad…I do love him dearly, I just hate facial hair).
definitely no scruff!!
A wee bit Scruffy is ok too! ☺
Scruff can look good, but I prefer no scruff on my man!
a little scruff
Depends on the man but hubby no scruff
Scruff is soooo sexy
sometimes scruff sometimes no scruff
Sometimes scruff is sexy.
I find scruff sexy… not a full blown beard, but mmm… a little scruff is nice 🙂
Scruff. I’ve gotten used to it ;).
it depends, it’s the time right in between when it first starts to grow out that it’s prickly, after that it’s not too bad.
no scruff – but it does look good on some guys 🙂
I like scruff
One of the best razers available
definitely no scruff.
no scruff please!
A bit of scruff is fine, especially on weekends.
definitely love scruff- anytime !
I don’t want no scruff – scruff is a guy that ain’t gettin no love from me 😉
No scruff, thank you!
Based on my hubby, I would have to go with scruff.
A little bit of scruff never hurt anyone!
Most definitely Scruff!!!!!!
I love a little scruff…..as long as it doesn’t start to look shaggy!
depends on the person
A little scruff
i like a little scruff
no scruff, but hubby like a little scruff
Depends on the guy, but on my husband I love a little scruff
Hmmm I can go either way….
Say NNOOOOO to scruff!
my son works f/t now at a food manufacturing plant, so its not scruff, and its costing him quite a bit as he’s not wanting an electric razor
Depends on the person