Many people I know are in full-fledged Spring cleaning! Basements are being cleaned up and cleared out and projects around the house are getting completed while we all wait (impatiently!) for Spring to arrive so we can get out in our yards and on our decks (refill, please!)
This weekend we spent a good portion cleaning our basement and storage room, and today I’m feeling a sense of satisfaction over our accomplishments. I’m also patting myself on the back for not leaning on fast-food or pizza delivery this weekend when I didn’t have a lot of time in the kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients and a trusty kitchen appliance (I’ve shared that an appliance closet is on my list for our next house, right?) I made a delicious meal that everyone devoured.
I present to you: Easy Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas!
I found the original recipe on Apphetite.ca (Chicken Cheese Quesadillas):
- 230 g Cream cheese, softened
- 500 ml Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 150 g Packages MAPLE LEAF® Prime® Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips
- 125 ml Diced tomato
- 125 ml Diced red pepper
- 75 ml Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Package DEMPSTER’S® / POM® / Ben's® Smart™ Tortillas 30 ml
- Vegetable oil
- Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, tomato, red pepper and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Spread filling evenly over 4 tortillas, top with chicken and then top with remaining tortillas.
- Brush with oil and cook quesadillas in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, turning once until browned on both sides and filling is hot. Alternatively, use a handy kitchen appliance like a panini maker (which is what I did, no oil needed this way!)
- Cut into wedges and serve with a side of salsa or guacamole, if desired.
The recipe was super simple to make (I opted to not combine the chicken with the mixture so that we could store the mixture for leftovers and add the chicken as needed) and our family plus my son’s buddy devoured these! The cream cheese was an interesting twist from the usual shredded cheese, but trust me – it makes it all the more creamy and delicious! Give it a try and let me know when you do!