It’s funny – for those of you that say to me, “oh no don’t tell me that, now I’ve found a new addiction!” when I’m sharing product info and deals, think of my situation! I’m constantly being pitched brands, ideas, promotions and while deciding which is worthwhile to share with my readers and/or review with my family, I’m often introduced to many products I may not have not have otherwise heard of before (this is partially to blame for my Scentsy addiction, face cream must-have and more!) In the case of L’il Ones Yogurt, this has worked out in my benefit as we’ve been reintroduced to a brand I used with my older two kids but had not yet circled back to with my youngest (16 months).
While she’s a good eater when she is eating her favorite foods, I was having a hard time introducing other dairy products into her diet. Unlike her older sister who would eat cheese strings all day, my toddler doesn’t like cheese and didn’t like the other yogurt I bought for her. I received a coupon for L’il Ones Yogurt and figured if I couldn’t get her to eat it, her older sister would. It turns out she loves it, like really really loves it and claps and gets excited when I bring it out for a snack. What makes L’il Ones Yogurt so special? Maybe she knows the following:
Li’L Ones is:
– A yogurt fortified with DHA. DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, supports the normal physical development of the brain, eyes and nerves primarily in children under two years of age
– Sweetened with fruit juice
– Free of gelatin, artificial flavours and artificial colours
– Made with whole milk (3.25% M.F.)
– Made with real fruit purée
– Fortified with Vitamin D
– Source of calcium
– Vegetarian friendly because it contains DHA sourced from algae
– Free of fruit pieces to prevent choking hazards
– Smooth and creamy, with a spoon-hugging texture that makes it easy for toddlers to feed
L’il Ones is available in two (8 x 100 g) multipacks, each with four mild and common flavours for toddlers: peach/vanilla/apple/banana and apricot/ grape/pear/blueberry.
Having trouble picking the right yogurt brand? Follow these simple tips:
– Look for yogurts that are naturally sweetened with fruit juice – Li’L Ones® yogurt is a great choice. It is specifically formulated to provide a wholesome, healthy, nutrient-rich snack children love. It is a source of calcium and vitamin D, with no added sugar or fructose.
– Generally, it is best when introducing yogurt to your toddler to opt for familiar flavours like vanilla, banana or apple.
– When looking for healthy yogurt options, try to find a yogurt that contains DHA. Most children’s diets lack sufficient quantities of DHA, which is required for optimal brain and eye development. Pediatricians recommend buying products with DHA to supplement a toddler’s diet. Health Canada has also acknowledged the physiological functions of DHA and has approved DHA-enhanced dairy products for food use in Canada.
Hooray for finding a product via my own blog that my toddler loves and I can feel good about feeding her because of the health benefits! I even have a great giveaway that combines several products to make life even easier if you have a toddler in the house. See below!
One of my Canadian readers is going to win the following from Li’L Ones:
– Philips AVENT Toddler Bowl Set
– Philips AVENT Toddler Weaning Spoons
– Tommee Tippee Explora Truly Spill Proof 11oz Sippy Cup (2-Pack)
– Are You a Cow? by Sandra Boynton
– The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
– Full value coupon for Li’l Ones yogurt
To enter to win, fill out the Rafflecopter form below!