Double Tomato Bruschetta
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp basil (fresh is better but I use dry)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for at least 10 minutes but several hours is better!
- Cut the baguette into ¾-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Brush with olive oil. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Top with Double Tomato Bruschetta mixture and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top before serving.