We don’t eat ribs at home very often – I find the preparation somewhat tedious and I’m not even the one doing it! Thankfully it’s something my husband prepares (I just can’t with the membrane….nope) and this recipe for delicious greek ribs is worth the extra prep time for ribs, if only a once-in-awhile treat!
Side note, is it just me or have you noticed that recipe posts on blogs are getting ridiculously long? I want the recipe, not your daily journal. I’m hungry!
- 3 lbs side or back ribs, membrane removed
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place ribs in a large zip loc bag and pour mixture on top. Turn over and manipulate ribs to ensure they're covered on all sides.
- Marinate in the fridge for 4-8 hours, turn occasionally to distribute the liquid.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and then spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange ribs on the baking sheet ensuring they are well spaced.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until browned, Reduce temperature to 300 degrees F and continue baking until ribs are tender, about another 1 hour.
- Serve with lemon wedges for additional garnish.