Sangria, I summarized to a friend recently, is sort of like making stew. You have a pot (pitcher), you add in a little of this, a little of that, taste test and decide if it’s good yet. Like stew, many times I make sangria without a recipe and then can’t replicate it a second time because I didn’t write things down.
Whether you try a little of this or a little of that, this recipe is a win! You can, of course, make changes or substitutions as you see fit (I didn’t have strawberry vodka so I used raspberry vodka, no one cared or noticed).
- 1 bottle white wine (Pinot Grigio works, but pick your favorite)
- 1 cup strawberry vodka (can substitute raspberry here easily)
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 cups lemonade
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, vodka and fruit. Chill several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, add the lemonade and garnish with more strawberry or lemon slices.