Yes, I love me some delicious sangria recipes! The best thing about sangria (OK, no, there isn’t just one best thing about sangria, it’s all good) is that you really can’t screw it up. As long as you have the basics of wine, fruit and perhaps some fruit juice or soda, you’re good to go. This is my basic combination of go-to ingredients for a red sangria that’s always a party-pleaser (everyone leaves my backyard happy!)
To make a pitcher like the one in this post, simply double the recipe!
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bottle red dry table wine
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan. Over medium high heat bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool. Congrats, you've just made delicious simple syrup (we make this in a larger batch ahead of time and store in a sealed jar in the fridge for sangria and mojitos!)
- Add red wine, brandy, cranberry juice, apple slices, orange slices, strawberries and blueberries to a large pitcher.
- Add in cooled simple syrup and stir. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or for best results overnight. Serve over ice and garnish with additional fruit and/or a cute straw!
- To make a spritzer, you can always add some club soda or sprite before serving.