Day to day #MomLife can get monotonous: laundry in, laundry out, school lunches, prepping supper, and getting the kids to bed are on constant repeat. Some days, you feel like a supermom, others a villain. Hopefully the days being more regal and kicking butt outnumber the villainous ones (they do, mama, even if you don’t always feel like it!) and once Mother’s Day comes around hopefully you get rewarded for all those days rolled into one (a drop in the bucket I say, but we take what we can get!)
Having efficient, easy-to-use, and easy-on-the-wallet products in your household can help with the monotony, and also give us more time for the things we really love. My latest home cleaning appliance has made my cleaning easier, and left me happier, and that’s always a win for everyone in the house.
For the past few years I had a very-expensive stick vacuum from a very-expensive brand that worked exceptionally well in the beginning but had brought me more frustration than anything in recent months. The battery stopped giving me a charge longer than 5 minutes, and my hand would hurt from having to hold down the button while using it. My daughter couldn’t help out by using it either, because it was just to hard for her hands to manipulate. A big frustration from a product that cost more than double its competitors.
So, when given the opportunity to review the Hoover Cruise Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum (priced at half its competitors!) I was definitely interested. Now? It’s the only cordless vacuum I use and that other one is in the corner of my garage. Priced at just $249.99 (regular price), the Hoover Cruise is a sensible alternative for those looking for a go-anywhere ultra-light vacuum that performs like you’d expect from the Hoover brand of products.
My favorite features of this ultra-light but super-efficient vacuum:
1. Like its name proclaims, this is an ultra-light vacuum! It’s easy to grab and go, and surprisingly light. It’s super-easy to zip it through the kitchen for a quick clean up in the middle of making dinner (you know that moment making dinner when you step on the kid’s spilled cereal from breakfast? Yeah, that.)
2. An easy on-off switch leaves your hand cramp-free to clean quickly. This enables my 9 year old to easily use it, and I think it would be easier for older family members and those with arthritis, etc., to use as well. Prefer to have power at your finger-tips? You still have the option of a trigger button to hold to have complete control.
3. The steerable design means you can get this vacuum into tight spots with ease. My old cordless vacuum didn’t do this so I was surprised when I used the Hoover Cruise for the first time! “Why aren’t they all like this?”
4. The detachable hand-vac is awesome for getting into small spaces (stairs, couch cushions, vehicle interior, and even the living room blinds!)
5. Described as its “low profile”, the size and shape of the Hoover Cruise makes it easy to fit under sofas and beds.
6. On-off switch for hard flooring makes cleaning all the rooms in your house a breeze. Or, enables you to cruise through your house with ease. 😉
Charging is a breeze – there’s a mounting system so you can keep it out of the way (ours hangs just outside our mudroom in the garage) and the 22V lithium ion battery holds its charge (it hasn’t run out during any of my cleaning sessions thus far). All in all, I’m super impressed with the Hoover Cruise Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum and if you’re looking for one either as a mother’s day suggestion, or simply as a sidekick for your household, supermom, this is worth a peek. True story, superdads can use this too!
Look for the Hoover Cruise at a suggested retail price of $249.99 at Hoover.ca, Lowes, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Best Buy and more!
I’ve got an extra Hoover Cruise Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum set aside for one of my readers! Simply enter your name and email address in the form below, then click BEGIN to be in to win! Look for bonus entries, and tell your friends! Good luck everyone!