As a mom of one boy and two girls, I have always embraced those moments when I catch my husband doing something sweet with our daughters. I know I’m not alone when I say that seeing my husband playing make-believe tea time or attempting to maneuver a Barbie into her fabulous convertible before her very important date can make me swoon like I did when we first started dating. Since my husband grew up with brothers, he didn’t experience Barbie for the first time until we had kids. The best part is that he had absolutely no problem engaging in make believe play, which beyond giving my daughter’s a great voice for Ken, it also showed them that dads too can share their softer, sweet, side.
Mattel is just launched an amazing contest to embrace these beautiful moments, with huge prizes too! Calling all Dads & Daughters to participate in the #DadsWhoPlayBarbie Challenge for the opportunity to win $25,000 to invest in your child’s future and a trip to Mattel Headquarters in Los Angeles where your child can be a Barbie designer for a day!
How to Enter:
Dads and daughters are asked to submit a video of themselves showing how they play together. Mom, of course, can help out by being the ever-awesome director behind the scenes! Use the following categories of play as inspiration for your video; careers, cooking, sports, fashion, and even make-believe!
· Top 40 First Prize Video Winners will each receive a Barbie® doll and $250!
· Top 4 Finalists (out of 40 First Prize Video Winners) will also receive a Barbie® Dreamhouse®!
· And 1 Grand Prize Winner (out of 40 First Prize Video Winners) will receive $25,000 to invest in your child’s future and a trip to Mattel headquarters in Los Angeles where your child can be a Barbie® designer!
· You must be a resident of the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, Mexico, Germany, or France to be eligible for this contest. You also may submit your Video in English, Spanish, German, or French!
· Your video should not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
· You may not include any third party music in your video, other than spoken words or your own original works.
· You may not include brands other than Mattel brands in your video.
· You may not include any third-party trademarked or copyrighted materials.
· You’re welcome to include any kind of Barbie doll or Barbie accessory in your Video, but nothing is specifically required.
Next Steps? Here You Go:
· Record your Video using a smartphone, tablet, or other kind of camera that records video.
· Parents must read through and agree to the “Official Rules”.
· Submit your Video on Tongal.com/BarbieDads!