I second guess my spelling every time I type zucchini, and in the past 8 months I’ve been typing it a lot! Whether it’s searching Google or Pinterest for new recipes or entering a meal into my diary on My Fitness Pal, it comes up a lot. You’d think I’d have it down by now.
Here’s a super easy recipe for baked zucchini. If you have several to use, I’d suggest cutting your zucchini quartered lengthwise (into zucchini sticks) but the other night I only had one, so I made medallions instead. I find the lengthwise cut gives you a crunchier texture since it’s thicker, but no matter – it all tastes the same!
- 4 Zucchini, either cut lengthwise into quarter or sliced into circle medallions (if using less, simply adjust recipe)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Clubhouse or other Greek Seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (I've learned less is more, so cut to 1Tbsp and you're fine!)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Place zucchini onto baking sheet and top with mixture
- Bake until tender, about 10 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes or so to crisp
- Serve immediately, you can also use a side dip of ranch dressing for the kids!