I’ve become obsessed with cauliflower, in the worst possible time to do so as the case may be with produce prices, but if you can find it on sale, it’s worth giving this Buffalo Cauliflower recipe a shot!
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
3/4 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic powder (I use garlic salt in a pinch)
salt and pepper to taste
2 TBSP butter or margarine
1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce
1 tsp honey
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Use a non-stick baking sheet or lightly grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl using a whisk until batter is smooth and somewhat runny.
3. Add cauliflower to batter and mix until cauliflower is coated; spread onto the baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 minutes.
5. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat and stir hot pepper sauce and honey into butter until smooth.
6. Brush hot sauce mixture over each cauliflower piece, repeating brushing until all the hot sauce mixture is used. Alternatively, you can remove the cauliflower from the pan into a large bowl, and toss with the hot sauce mixture, then return to the baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven until cauliflower is browned, about 10 minutes, then broil for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow the cauliflower to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
Tip: When cutting the cauliflower, cut down the center so you have a flat edge on the pieces. Try and have this edge against the baking sheet so the pieces sit flat and brown nicely. We found the batter didn’t make the pieces ‘crunchy’ but playing with the baking/broiling time a bit should accomplish this. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.