Football has certainly been big news in our household this fall! My son (11) plays football year round (tackle now in the summer/fall, skills camps through the winter, and flag in the spring) On a broader scale, deflate-gate and our beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders having a really bad season are all topics at our dinner table. So, it seemed fitting to cheese it up with a football themed recipe for a backyard get-together recently!
Isn’t this fantastic? While the original (found at CheeseTheDay.ca) certainly looks more regulation than my football, my son and our guests thought it was perfect! It just goes to show that with a little creativity (and some help from Kraft!) you can go out of your comfort zone go-to foods (chips and dip anyone?) and create something awesome!
- 2 pkg. (250 g each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (200 g) Cracker Barrel Old Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese
- ½ cup Miracle Whip Original Spread
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat cheeses and Miracle Whip with mixer until well blended.
- Add onions and pepper; mix well.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Form into football shape; coat with nuts.
- Use Kraft Cheese Strings for the lacing.
- Serve with crackers or veggies.
Creating this Cheesy Football was very simple, the play (recipe) is the perfect game strategy and guarantees a touchdown! Don’t risk a fumble, pick up your ingredients ahead of time and remember the cheese mixture needs to chill for 3 hours before shaping into a football and topping with pecans!