Need an appetizer that’s not a dip, but doesn’t take a lot of prep yet looks like you’re a fancy pants? Here you go!
Just pick up some cherry or grape tomatoes, some mozzarella cheese (you can use your favorite but I find the taste is best with mozzarella), fresh basil and balsamic reduction – that’s it!
- 1 package grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package mozzarella sliced or cubed
- 1 bunch basil
- Balsamic Reduction
- If possible, marinade the sliced mozzarella with some balsamic reduction drizzle overnight
- To prepare the appetizer, place a tomato half on the toothpick, followed by the mozzarella, basil leaf and second half of tomato.
- Before serving, drizzle with Balsamic Reduction and a dash of pepper.