I have fallen.
I love summer boozy drinks. Nothing beats sitting on a deck, sipping drinks with great company. Summer goes by fast, so I intend to do a lot of it this summer! If you haven’t checked out my Orange Creamsicle Cocktail recipe post definitely hop over there. Then come back here and see the next summer boozy drink I’ve found to share!
Finally, after years of turning my nose up at wine (red, white, blush, nope.) and being puzzled on why my friends love it like they do, I’m part of the club. OK, I’m part of the fruity bubbly wine club but it counts and I’m a glass-in-my-purse carrying member.
I’ve been obsessed with finding delicious sangria recipes this summer and have tried a few. This one, discovered by a girlfriend first (when I shamelessly gulped down three glasses), is probably my favorite thus far, and if you are not a huge wine drinker like myself (we exist!) then you’ll probably really like this one too. It’s light, sweet, fruity, and I call it kool-aid for mommies.
Enjoy! (I double this recipe for large gatherings, because Sangria.)
- 1 bottle (1.5 liter) of Moscato wine
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate, defrosted
- 2 cups strawberries (1 cup diced plus 1 cup sliced)
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 bottle (2 liter) 7-Up/Sprite
- Puree 1 cup of diced strawberries with ¼ cup of the defrosted lime concentrate in a blender
- Pour mixture into pitcher
- Pour remaining lime concentrate and bottle of Moscato into the pitcher
- Mix well and garnish with lime circles or strawberries
- Fill glass ½ full with sangria and top with ¼ cup 7-Up/Sprite. Alternatively you can also add the soda to the pitcher, it just won't be as bubbly upon serving (typically by the third glass I don't care!)