Here’s a super-easy recipe that’s always a hit when brought to parties, especially in the summer months! Minimal ingredients needed and you can take a short-cut with the tortilla chips if you’re pressed for time.
You’ll need green apples, kiwi, and strawberries. Pick up a jar of apricot jam (it seems to be the only thing I use it for) and then determine if you want to make chips for dipping or buy them (we like Stacey’s Pita Chips in Cinnamon Sugar).
- 1 granny smith green apple
- 2 kiwis
- 6-8 strawberries
- 2 tsp apple jelly
- Dice all ingredients by hand or in a mini-chopper if you have. You can play with the salsa ingredients as well, adding more apples, or maybe some raspberries.
- For dipping, use home-made cinnamon tortilla chips:
- pkg round tortillas
- brown sugar and cinnamon mixture to taste
- Spray both sides of the tortilla with cooking spray, then cut into bite size pieces (a pizza wheel works great for this). Toss in your brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and then bake flat on a cookie sheet at 300 for 6 minutes.
- Or, purchase cinnamon sugar pita chips and save time!