There’s no comfort food quite like chili because there are so many ways you can literally spice it up. This version utilizes coconut milk in place of tomato sauce and red curry paste in place of chili powder.
Start by browning the ground beef, then reduce the heat and add Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste and minced garlic.
Next, add two cans of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk and mix well.
Veggie time! Add diced carrots, celery and green onion. You can certainly add other vegetables at this point too! That’s what I love about soups and chilis, you can toss in a variety of ingredients without altering the overall recipe too much.
Add 1/4 package of Thai Kitchen Thin Rice Noodles (dry), mix well, cover and simmer. The noodles will soften in no time so there’s no need to cook them first before adding.
The result is a delicious, slightly spicy, chili with robust flavor and hearty ingredients to fill your tummy! My 10 year old loves this and took it to school for lunch the next day in a thermos!
- Brown ground beef over high heat, drain fat if necessary. Reduce heat to medium-low and mix in Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste and Club House Dehydrated Minced Garlic.
- Add 2 cans Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk and mix well.
- Add carrots, celery and green onion. Cover and simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes.
- Add ¼ package dry Thai Kitchen Thin Rice Noodles, mix well, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
Follow along with me on social media using the hashtag #TKeveryday during the Thai Kitchen Canada challenge. Check out my #TKeveryday Pinterest Personality Board to learn more about me, and look for my posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to see what other crazy-easy recipes I create and find out how and when you can vote for them.
Visit Thai Kitchen Canada’s website to find out more about the #TKeveryday recipe challenge here!