I’ve learned while working in social media over the years that certain words draw attention like no others. Yes, hashtags trending on Twitter are always a great way to see what’s popular online on any given day, but I ask you this: Post a tweet about bacon and tell me no one replies. A photo or tribute to bacon can go viral before you blink and it’s a bit of a puzzler why.
Bacon, after all, has been a part of our households for years. Bacon certainly isn’t very photogenic and you’d be hard pressed to find a health kick promoting a bacon diet, yet there’s just something about this food that makes it special, and craved.
Combining the classic taste of Ritz Crackers with bacon is a match made in heaven, and now it’s actually on store shelves! It’s true! You can now find Ritz Smoked Bacon Crackers in 200g size. (Psst: Look for Ritz-To- Go Coupon available on the Ritz Facebook page at http://bit.ly/1oK6KL7 after August 21st!)
We received some tasty samples of Ritz Smoked Bacon in advance of the launch and though the whole family happily munched on them, it was my 10 year old who fell hard for Ritz Smoked Bacon. He also loved the fact that he had something treasured before the general public and may have dangled a Ritz Smoked Bacon cracker in front of a friend at camp to taunt him.
I wanted to see what Ritz Smoked Bacon would be like in a recipe, so I substituted it for my usual Ritz Buttery Crackers in a recipe that’s a classic. Have you ever used Ritz crackers as a breading for chicken? If not, let me blow your mind right here.
That, my friends, is delicious Ritz Smoked Bacon Chicken and it’s so ridiculously easy to make that I hesitate calling it a recipe! However, in the interest sharing, here is the super easy recipe so you can make it tonight!
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- ½ box Ritz Smoked Bacon (200g size)
- ⅓ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with Pam spray or line with tin foil. Place Ritz Smoked Bacon crackers in a blender or food processor and blend until breadcrumb consistency.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Dip chicken breasts in melted butter, then coat chicken in the crumbs and place on baking sheet. After all chicken is coated, pour remaining crumbs over all the chicken in the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.