Skyline Luge Calgary

49 Flares Twitter 3 Facebook 46 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 49 Flares ×

Skyline Luge Logo

New to Canada Olympic Park, Skyline Luge Calgary is the world’s longest luge track at 1800 meters!  I had no idea this was waiting next door, and when we visited Calgary from our home in Saskatchewan this summer, I knew we had to check it out!

With locations in New Zealand, Singapore and Quebec, Skyline Luge is certainly getting some buzz and I can’t help but think we experienced something pretty unique, innovative and soon-to-be huge when our family tried it recently.

So what is it, exactly?  Skyline Luge is a fun, adrenaline inducing, 1800 meter luge track with over 50 twists and turns that all members of your family can experience in a specially constructed Luge kart.  Children under 6 have to ride with mom and dad but the bonus is that they don’t pay full price anyway so why not double-up for  more giggles and fun!

Skyline Luge Calgary price

Our family used the Family Pass – 10 Ride Pass – giving three of us three rides each (plus one left over for the end).  Our 5 year old qualified as a Pee Wee Rider.  The slogan of Skyline Luge is Once Is Never Enough and it’s definitely true.  You just can’t do this ride once.  In fact, our 3x each wasn’t enough, but certainly did give us a fill of Skyline Luge fun and we’ll be back again for sure!

Skyline Luge Calgary

The chair lift up to the top of the Skyline Luge track is part of the fun, giving you a great view of Canada Olympic Park, the Summer Bobsleigh Rides, and Luge Riders below!  Once at the top, staff will help get everyone into their Luge Karts and then give you instructions on how to apply the brakes and steer.  And then…you’re off!  You’ll literally burn rubber as you twist and turn down the track, giggling as you race with the kids and gasping as your son takes a corner way too fast yet manages to maintain control (maybe all that Mario Kart really did pay off!)

We had such a blast at Skyline Luge Calgary – I’d highly recommend checking out Canada Olympic Park and Skyline Luge Calgary the next time you’re in the area.  There’s no admission to get into the park and the Skyline Luge accepts cash, debit and credit with lockers available inside the main building for $2 (somehow my purse wasn’t going to fit into the Luge Kart!)

Check out our Skyline Luge Experience below!

Comments

1. candace evanisky says:

That looks awesome!

2. Thanks for posting. We had no idea this existed and are heading to Calgary in August. We will be heading th Skyline Luge for sure!

3. Florence C says:

Thank you for sharing,. Looks like a lot of fun.

4. LOVE it! That looks like so much fun! :-D

5. Wow! This looks amazing and like a ton of fun!

6. caryn s says:

will have to take my kids to this i think they would love it!

7. Kids would love it!

8. Courtney says:

oh my goodness, this looks like great fun! A must try when I come to calgary!

9. Looks like so much fun, didn’t know that COP had a skyline luge!

10. Antonija says:

That looks awesome! Soooo need to try it out!

11. angela m says:

that looks like so much fun, my kids would love this.

12. That looks so cool!! I love the view going down.

13. sharon misiuda says:

This will definitely be on our “to do” list when we plan a trip out west. Thanks for sharing, I especially loved the video!

14. If I ever make it out to Calgary, I will definitely be checking this out. You look like you really were having a blast. I would love to try this out. Glad you enjoyed it.

15. Oh wow I guess it’s time I take my friends in Calgary up on their invitation to visit. I want to try this out.

16. What a neat idea! If we ever come that way, we’ll check it out. They have a similar kind of track coaster down Blue Mountain in Collingwood. But this looks like you need some skill ;)

17. Chandra Christine O'Connor says:

that looked like fun but I’d probably crash

18. Melinda says:

My family would love this adventure.

19. Wayne Lecoy says:

I liked your article about Skyline Luge Calgary.
    It looks like your family had a lot of fun.
    I have never been to Calgary but if i ever go i’ll have to check this out.

20. Doris Calvert says:

Looks fun, I don’t know if they still do it but you use to be able to go down the Olympic one, we went about 10 years ago and had a blast!

21. Heidi C. says:

What a fun way to feel like an Olympian for a day!

22. Kristy S says:

Looks so fun!

23. sarah sar says:

Wow this looks like so much fun. Wish I could have a go. Do they have something like this in Toronto?

24. That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I’ve always wanted to try something like that out :)

25. Melanie Duxbury says:

wow that looks like fun! My son would love it =)

26. i’ve been to calgary many times and have never heard of this. We usually go for the zoo and Calaway Park but its nice to see something new and different. Looks like you had an awesome time.

27. love to do this when kids are older!

28. I’ve never heard of this place before. Looks like a lot of fun.

29. Oh what fun! I did something similar to this elsewhere when I was a child and it is something I’ve always remembered and wanted to do again.

30. That looks awesome, What happened to the camera man aka Kirk a couple times there. It looked like he was going to go over the end. ha ha

31. Looks like so much fun! Wish there was one close to us :(

32. That looks like tons of fun!!!!

33. Jo-Anne Pfoh says:

sounds like fun but sadly me and my lunch would soon part friends

34. ivy pluchinsky says:

this looks like fun

35. Darlene Schuller says:

love it!! This looks like it was a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing!

36. Kelly Gordon says:

This looks super fun !!! Thanks for sharing :D

37. We might have to check this out when we are in Calgary in August.

38. Valerie Godin says:

WOw! That looks like so much fun!!

39. Andrea C says:

My brother and I take our 6 kids on holiday every year and we were thinking about Calgary next year, this would be something all the kids would enjoy (I will be screaming all the way down!!)

40. Lindsay Cyr says:

Oh wow, that looks awesome! I loved the video, so much fun!

41. This looks like it would be so much fun :) Great post.

42. Victoria Ess says:

That looks like an amazing time!! Just one more reason to visit Calgary!

43. Deb Dorrington says:

I have family who live in Calgary and their kids just love the Skyline Luge. We will be visiting next year and I’m sure my family will love this but I can say I definitely will not be trying it out! I do love going to Canada Olympic Park though.

44. Rhonda W G. says:

That is awesome! I could see my brother and his twin girls loving this experience! What a view too…

45. Looks like it was a total blast. The prices also seem pretty reasonable, especially since they take different ages of young ones into consideration. Pretty unique and exciting experience! Thanks for sharing.

46. Anne Taylor says:

What a blast that would be! I know that my husband and a couple of my grandkids would love this! Thanks

47. I live near Calgary and drive by this all the time. I’ve been dying to try it out, it looks super fun!

48. OMG this looks so fun! Do they tell you how fast you are going? I would love love to try and definitely love to beat my bratty teen boys!

49. I did this in Singapore & it was a blast! This one in Calgary seems to have an amazing view too!

50. That looks like so much fun! Can’t wait for date night!

51. It looks like it would be a fun experience.

52. I would totally have a blast doing the Skyline Luge. A fun take on one of my favourite Winter Olympic Sports. Seriously, I need to visit Calgary with my family.

53. candace evanisky says:

This looks awesome- when I make it to Calgary I’ll definitely have to check it out next time out there

54. Aw man! That would be so much fun! How fast did you go?