Well, the best chili recipe according to my household anyway. And it has beer in it. What could be better than chili and beer? This recipe makes a lot so you’ll have leftovers for freezing!
Best Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 (19oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (398ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 can mushrooms
- 1 can beer
- ½ green pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg chili seasoning (Clubhouse or other)
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground beef into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (how easy is this, right?) Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve when ready! Chili is also a great slow-cooker recipe for this reason.
One package of seasoning will give your chili a mild taste, which works for my kids. If you like a spicy chili, add two packages. What we do, is add Frank's Red Hot at the table for those of us (mom and dad!) who like a little more kick!