• Cardiovascular disease is the # 1 killer of women in Canada and worldwide.
• Women are 10 times more likely to die from cardiovascular disease than from any other disease.
• Our risk for cardiovascular disease is 4 times greater after menopause.
RISK FACTORS WE CAN CONTROL
• Smoking: Women who smoke have two to three times the risk of heart disease; exposure to second hand smoke is also a risk factor.
• Inactivity: Not getting enough physical activity (couch potato lifestyle) doubles your risk.
• Stress: Increases in blood pressure, cholesterol, and the formation of clots are all associated with both stress and heart disease.
• Carrying excess weight increases blood pressure, cholesterol, and the risk of diabetes—all factors that also increase your risk of heart disease.
• Poor dietary choices: Studies indicate that a high intake of saturated and trans fats or a low intake of fibre can increase the risk of heart disease.
• Excess alcohol consumption (especially binge drinking) raises blood pressure and increases the risk of heart disease. On the other hand, some research has found that a moderate intake (one drink per day) can reduce the risk.
• High blood pressure significantly increases the risk of heart disease.
• High cholesterol doubles a woman’s risk of heart disease.
• Diabetes is an even bigger risk for heart disease in women than in men.
femMED HEART HEALTH is a doctor-formulated, multi-ingredient solution made just for women. It combines an essential blend of omega fatty acids, coenzyme Q10 and other essential ingredients to help maintain optimal cholesterol levels and blood pressure and support
cardiovascular health. As a bonus, it can improve vision and brain function and slow down the aging process.
February is Heart Month (of course!) so heart and stroke awareness is very prominent this month. When I was approached about doing a review and giveaway for femMD products, I opted instead to give my femMED Heart Health products to my mother. I have no doubt that my heart health needs to be looked at too, but in the spirit of the month of showing those we love how much we care, I thought this was a great way to do that for my mom who is 72. Our family is no stranger to heart disease. My dad is a heart attack survivor and also endured an 8-way bypass three years ago. We definitely see the results of heart disease and I want my mom to take care of her heart too.
Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in North America; however, this is largely preventable. Help keep your ticker healthy with femMED’s Heart Healthy Prize Pack, which has everything you need for a fresh and healthy start. Valued at $120.00, this prize pack includes a 3-month supply of femMED HEART HEALTH and a copy of “Savings Women’s Hearts” by cardiologist Dr. Martha Gulati and Sherry Torkos, celeb pharmacist and health expert regularly featured on BT Toronto, the Steven and Chris Show and CTV. To enter, just use the Rafflecopter form below.