My kids devour banana bread, it’s my 5 year old’s favorite, and yet I don’t make it nearly often enough, as evidenced by this tweet earlier this week:
When I make a quick batch of banana bread or banana muffins my kids think I’m a hero and I shake my head at how easy it is. I should really do it weekly (putting bananas in the freezer instead of tossing them out would help in that endevour!) So here’s my super-easy banana bread or muffin recipe. The pan I use to get the square little loafs above is the Brownie Pan from Pampered Chef.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 bananas
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- chocolate chips (if desired…who doesn’t desire chocolate?!)
- Mix together brown sugar and butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and mix on low with hand mixer until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips – I don’t measure this but I’d say ⅓ cup is about right.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325F for 15 minutes.