My sister is here to visit this week, and last night before bed I reminded her to make sure her car was locked because we had a lot of thefts in the area recently. We got to discussing home security and safety. I don’t have an alarm system and she does. We’ve never had one and I wouldn’t know where to start when looking for one, though there are so many options out there.
From local companies like SaskTel to national companies like Vivint, there’s many many options out there so it’s really a buyer’s market.
When selecting a home security system, some features to consider are:
* How long have they been in business?
* Does they have all of the proper licenses?
* Are they bonded and insured?
* Do they do background checks when hiring employees?
* Does the home security company own its own monitoring service? If so, where is it located? Is it local?
* How long does the warranty last and what does it cover?
* What is the cost of the monthly monitoring service in addition to the sales and installation costs?
Getting answers to these questions will help home owners in choosing the right security company for them. Maybe it’s time to start looking…