There’s something so satisfying about having dinner in the slow cooker before 9am in the morning!
This is one of our favorite family recipe, and has been made many many times. What I like most about it is that the measurements are very much, “a little of this, a little of that!” Use a can of beer or a bottle. Use a large can of diced tomatoes or a smaller can – whatever you have on hand.
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can Heinz Chili Style Beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can or bottle of beer (I like Bud Lime in this recipe)
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 package taco seasoning
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips (sea salt & lime)
- Place the onion, chili beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and shred with two forks on a cutting board.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.