This is a recipe that’s as appealing to adults as it is to kids. Make it for your next mom’s night, tween’s slumber party (do they even do that anymore?) or child’s birthday celebration – it’s that versatile!
Cookie Dough Dip
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 block of cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup powdered sugar (I have subbed in a little less in white sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Whisk until sugar has dissolved and mixture starts to bubble (about 4 minutes). Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar for 1-2 minutes. Slowly pour in the butter/sugar mixture and mix until combined on low.
- If you would like your dip to be chocolate, mix in the chocolate chips on low speed next. If you would like your dip to be vanilla, simply fold in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Serve with teddy bear crackers, graham crackers or fruit. When no one is looking, it's perfectly acceptable to grab a spoonful to eat as is. 🙂