This recipe was passed on to me by my sister in law. The mixture of sweet Pillsbury Crescents, chicken and cream cheese is delicious, and sinful. Kids love the sweet combination and it’s definitely a recipe that will fill those bellies!
- - 2-3 chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces
- - 1 container Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- - 1 pkg Cream Cheese
- - chives
- Cut up chicken and cook in a pan with a bit of water at the bottom (I prefer cooking in water with this recipe instead of oil or butter).
- Once chicken is cooked and water evaporated, transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Add the block of cream cheese on top of the chicken – the heat from the chicken should make it very easy to mix the two but if needed you can microwave the two for 30 seconds or so.
- Add chives to the mixture (preference on amount left to you, we add a couple tablespoons).
- Next, unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls into squares on a cookie sheet (one can gives you 8 triangle pieces, which when made into squares gives you 4 large squares).
- Add the chicken/cream cheese/chives mixture to the middle of each square and pull the sides up into the middle like you’re wrapping a (delicious) present.
- Follow baking directions on the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls for baking time – and voila you’re done! Serve with a side of rice.