Recipe type: Entree
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- shredded cheese (I use an Italian mixture but mozzarella or parmesan both work on their own too)
- Use your favorite seasonings - I use Garlic Plus, Epicure Louisiana Hot & Spicy, seasoning salt and pepper added to the mixture and then tossed with about a teaspoon of oil.
- Slice chicken breast in half to make 2 thinner strips.
- Cover with wax paper and pound out to flatten.
- Spoon filling into each breast, then roll up. I use a toothpick to keep everything rolled up nicely.
- Place in a shallow baking dish with enough water to cover the bottom.
- Add a few teaspoons of butter (this is used later to baste as it's baking).
- Sprinkle more of your favorite seasonings on top.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, basting as you like! Serve with rice.